2012 - 13 PAVE the Way 3D Design Challenge
Introducing H- Smart Speaker + So much more
CES 2018: Kia Niro EV Concept
Designer carves entire cities out of scrap wood ...
DELAKTIG Designed by IKEA and Tom Dixon
Flexi-Hex changes the way boards are packaged
The Circular Collection by BaYou with Love and ...
"My Special Aflac Duck" is a robot to ...
List all recent news
PAVE the Way, a 3D Design Challenge is an exciting opportunity available for students internationally to showcase their work at a major industry event, GlobalShop 2013. College students who are enrolled in accredited store design, interior design, visual merchandising, and industrial design programs are invited to design a 3D floor fixture for this competition, which is sponsored and presented by Van Stry Design.
Finalists will work with Van Stry Design to produce a prototype of their design for display at GlobalShop 2013. GlobalShop 2013 will be held in April 16-18, 2013 in Chicago.
First Place: $5,000
Second Place: $2,500
Third Place: $1,500
Honorable Mentions (up to 9): $500 each
Eligibility: The competition is open to college students enrolled in accredited store design, interior design, visual merchandising, and industrial design programs. Projects can be the work of an individual student, or a team consisting of no more than two students. Entries should be submitted in pdf format to PAVE by Friday, Nov. 16, 2012
• The entry pdf should be named as follows: First Name, Last Name, Project Name.
• The electronic entry and submission form can be found here.
• While your entry is not limited to a specific number of pages, the project must be submitted via the electronic submission form with the disclaimer accepted, in the following order:
1. cover/title/project name page
2. written concept statement
3. conceptual sketches
4. four to six images 3D images of the fixture
5. working drawings
6. material samples with description
7. your name, school, and email as the last page of the entry
Reference the design challenge here for the complete list of entry requirements. Before entering, please read our frequently asked questions.